Donations Delivery Assistant
International Rescue Committee
About the Role
Under the supervision of the volunteer and donations coordinator, donation delivery assistants transport groceries and toiletries to the homes of refugees and special immigrants living in Central California.
- Assist with tracking and sorting grocery pickups
- Coordinate grocery pick-ups with volunteer and donations coordinator
- Pick up groceries, toiletries, and laptops from stores or donation facilities · Comfortable with driving a pick up van
- Volunteers with access to a van particularly desired
- Travel distances of up to 70 miles each way to pick up groceries and other goods and transport them to client homes in Stanislaus, San Joaquin, and Merced counties
- Arrange groceries items in an organized fashion
- Candidates will need a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Access to a pickup truck or van to transport several boxes of groceries and toiletries is helpful.
- Candidates also must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Complete an online application found here.
Adults > 18 only